Jake Alderman, Cytech-certified technician
In 2013 Bike Chain Bissoe Bike Hire technician Jake Alderman recieved his qualification from Cytech, the industry-recognised training and accreditation scheme for bicycle mechanics and outdoor pursuits retail staff. Cytech delivers training and promotion of technical and retail skills to the outdoor trade and enthusiasts throughout the UK.
Cytech is more than simply training: It is now recognised nationally as a benchmark brand, which accredits and promotes the skills of cycle mechanics and retail staff. Jake now works full-time at Bike Chain Bissoe, servicing and repairing our hire fleet - he will also be instrumental in delivering our new 'Bike Chain MOT' service which will take advantage of our other employee accreditations.
We can offer Gold, Silver and Bronze (see below) services as offered by our sister store Bike Chain Ricci; we aim for a 48-hour turn-around (parts dependant) for the service and repair.
Also, new for 2014, we will be offering the Bike Chain MOT, which will offer a report on the working order of your bike,an estimate and a full appraisal of your bicycle - including a written report of the work required - all for £20. Should work be undertaken we will take the £20 MOT charge off the final price.
Please note our opening hours and give us a ring to book in any cycle which requires work; we are open every weekend,bank holidays and half terms.
Bronze Service: £50
- Fork removed, headset cleaned and regreased. Inspected for movement and adjusted where necessary.
- Bottom Bracket checked for movement and tightened where applicable.
- Lubrication of chain, derailleurs and cables.
- Adjustment of brakes and gears.
- Hubs and rims checked for wear/damage.
- Tyres inflated and inspected for wear/damage.
- All fittings secured (racks, mudguards etc.)
- Disk Brake rotors straightened where applicable.
Silver Service: £70.00
As Bronze plus…..
- Frame and forks wiped down and checked for alignment.
- Wheels trued and any damaged or broken spokes replaced.
- Drivetrain degreased including the removal and cleaning of the chain, cassette and chain set.
Gold Service: £100.00
As Silver plus…..
- Bike stripped back to its bare frame
- All bearing surfaces (hubs, headset and bottom bracket) cleaned and regreased.
- All thread surfaces cleaned and then regreased or Loctite applied as applicable.
- Re-assembly with all nuts and bolts torqued as applicable.
During all services if we find anything that needs doing we will contact you to advise of this, as well as point out anything that is likely to need attention in the near future.
Take advantage of the many ex hire bicycles that we have for sale ..We have a try before you buy scheme ,why not rent a bike and should you decide to buy we will take the hire costs of that item (please not applies to all bikes over £200,you can also use this offer at our store).
In addition we will have monthly offers ,so if its road,mountain biking ,accessories,clothing,helmets or any bicycle related product watch this space .
New bike service wash and lube menu.
We will be offering a drop off service ,so why not enjoy a cream tea or cake and coffee whilst we wash and lube your bike ,dont travel home with a dirty bike and be ready for the trail the next time all fresh and clean (please check availability)