The One and All Cycle Academy meet at 9am every Sunday at Bike Chain Bissoe, Bike Hire & Cafe. TR4 8QZ. Tel 01872 870341.
From the cafe the academy then holds sessions at the Wheal Jane complex allowing for skills development in a safe, traffic free environment
The academy has a range of groups that will allow progression of all young riders from starting on a balance bike through to those with aspirations of racing. Each group is set up to be fully inclusive of rider ability with progression identified and encouraged in safe manner.
Additionally, the academy holds a women's progression group that seeks to offer some female exclusivity for development.
Try before you decide - Come along and try the academy out for two sessions free of charge, sessions after this cost £3 per week.
For more information please see the acamdey website www.oneandallcycling.com/academy.php
Step 1: Come down and try us out. First two sessions are free.
Step 3: Enjoy. Sessions cost £3.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS ABOUT PARENTAL CONSENT
1. It is part of the British Cycling Code of Conduct to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to establish a safe environment where young people can enjoy developing their cycling skills. All coaches are DBS (Previously CRB) checked and there are always first aiders in attendance.
2. Parents/Carers are encouraged to stay and watch the session.
3. Young people are expected to remain in the session from beginning to end unless they have to leave early. If the young person has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than the parent/carer, the parent/carer must advise the coach of the details of the arrangement, including who will be collecting the rider.
4. It is the young person’s responsibility to participate in cycling activities in a sporting manner.
5. Any young riders who persistently misbehave or put others in danger will be asked to leave the session.
6. It is the parent’s/carer’s responsibility to ensure that their child’s bike is in a safe condition to ride.
7. A correctly fitting cycling helmet must be worn at all times during the cycling activity sessions.
8. For all children under 12 years, coaching sessions will take place at a traffic-free facility. Over 12s may be involved in coaching sessions that take place on the public highway. Young people are only invited to take part when coaches feel they are sufficiently responsible for their own actions and have developed the necessary bike handling skills and fitness levels in order to cope with riding on the public highways.
Once you have read the above please download 'O & A Parental Consent Form' sign it and submit it to the secretary.